Is mold remediation toxic? We hear this question often. But have you ever thought that it is not the mold removal process is dangerous, but the fungus and mold spores themselves?
The mold remediation process is not inherently dangerous and can save you from health problems in the future.
When you see mold in your home or business, it can seem like a very little thing. Barely worth a second thought. However, mold is a big problem. It can cause a lot of damage, some of which may be rather surprising. Here are a few of the damages mold can cause:
Mold spores are naturally in indoor air, but when it starts growing inside, the amount of mold spores in the air can increase exponentially. Why is this? Active mold growth is like a mold factory, making new spores that are released into the air when the mold is disturbed. Energy-efficient building practices, which make buildings easier to heat and cool, can restrict ventilation so the mold has nowhere to go.
This spells trouble for your health, especially if you have allergies or asthma. Mold has been proven to cause health effects in even non-sensitive individuals, so there is no safe mold problem. You don't want to live with mold. Since mold spreads so quickly, the amount of spores in the air you breathe will only increase over time. Even worse, complex mold projects run the real risk of containing a bigger variety of mold types, some of which may be toxic. Determining which type of mold is in your home is important because each kind of mold behaves differently. That is why USA Clean Master offers a mold testing procedure.
In nature, mold feeds off of fallen leaves, branches, and other nutrient-rich organic materials. Mold is an important part of the decomposition that enriches the soil and breaks down dead vegetation.
Now think about what mold can do to your building. Mold can damage walls, floors and ceilings by weakening them, eating deep into the materials over time. Mold can also damage wooden support beams, especially when left to grow unchecked, in wet conditions, behind walls and in other hidden spaces. Whenever mold is growing in porous materials, whether upholstered furniture, building materials or carpeting, the materials may not be able to cleaned sufficiently and they may need to be disposed of and replaced instead.
While it may be tempting to take up a cloth and wipe the mold away - stop. Mold that you see means it is growing spores - and touching them can release these spores into the air. According to the CDC, you need to treat mold right away.
Try to stay away from the area. Where mold is growing the density of mold spores in the air is higher, and could cause congestion or other problems, like headache and dizziness.
Turn off your HVAC because the last thing you want is to be pulling mold spores into your air circulation system.
Call a professional for mold remediation. The professional mold remediators at USA Clean Master use methods to remediate mold based on the prevailing industry standards. Our training and equipment will make sure that the problem is taken care of the right way.
Want to know what to expect when you call USA Clean Master for mold remediation? No two mold problems will be exactly alike, but they all require the same care and precision. USA Clean Master's mold remediation technicians are qualified to inspect, remove and remediate mold from residential and commercial properties.
USA Clean Master's remediation process usually combines several of the following steps:
Learn more about mold removal and remediation steps in the blog article: The Entire Process of Mold Remediation Services.
For more information contact us today! 888-396-5195